Outdoor Arts & Crafts
Outdoor art and craft aren't just meant for the days when the weather is pleasant outside. Any day you can get out of your house can allow you to enjoy numerous easy and fun crafts with kids. You can use outdoor arts and crafts as an interesting and creative way to connect your kids with nature. The best part about outdoor arts and crafts activities is no mess indoors.
Best outdoor arts and crafts ideas for kids
Do you want to learn some of the best outdoor arts and crafts ideas for kids? Here we have brought some interesting yet easiest arts and crafts ideas for you to consider.
So, here we go:
1. Make a kite
Kites are arguably one of the kids' tried and true favorite craft ideas. Even though creating a standard diamond-shaped kite is a classic craft idea for kids for a reason, you can also help your kids make a kite in various shapes, sizes, and colors.
You can help your kids make kites in different cool shapes if you are considering aerodynamics. Here are the steps that you can follow to make a kite:
- Take a colorful piece of paper and draw the kite shape you want on one side.
- Cut the shape using scissors as per your drawing.
- Cut a string’s length and tie one end to a paper straw. Also, take another straw and cut that into 2/3 and 1/3.
- Consider the 1/3 as the handle of the kite. Stick the bigger straw along the kite's length. Ensure to keep it in the kite’s center.
- Make the other one stick horizontally while intersecting both straws.
- Cut the tail of the kite and thread it appropriately.
Your cute mini kite is ready!
2. Painting leaves
Kids usually enjoy playing and getting creative with natural materials and basic art supplies. These usually include twigs, leaves, and flowers to create leaf art. You can also provide them with a few paint colors to make them paint leaves.
Another great idea here is creating stamped leaf art. Ask your kids to use a collection of evergreen branches and fresh green leaves. Put these into the paint and create stamped art on stones, canvas, paper, and t-shirts.
It is a perfect activity to enjoy every season.
3. Make a leaf collage
Making a leaf collage is arguably one of the simplest outdoor art and craft idea. You can use glitter glue, recycled materials, and leaves to make a beautiful leaf collage. Kids need a few items for this craft idea. These items include:
- White PVA glue
- Leaves and twigs
- Glitter glue
- A large cardboard piece
Stick the leaves into different shapes on the cardboard piece. Place the picture between the leaves. You can also wash over the leaves with glitter glue to give the finished artwork a shine and sparkle. In addition, it will also make the leaves dry shiny, and hard. Consequently, preserving this cute art piece will become easier.
4. Real flower Suncatcher
Help your kids to make a beautiful Suncatcher using real leaves or flowers. These are always easier to create and look beautiful, especially when hung in the window. The most amazing thing about the real flower Suncatcher is that you won’t go wrong with it.
However, it is always important to arrange your nature pieces to make them look great.
5. Rock painting
Rock painting is another fun yet inexpensive art and craft idea to enjoy with your kids outdoors. Firstly, ask your kids to collect different shapes and sizes of rocks from your surroundings. Ask your kids to draw different shapes on the rocks using a lead pencil and then paint them in their favorite colors.
You can also ask your younger kids to create different objects using these rocks. For instance, making a painted mouse rock can also be perfect.
6. Create Duct Tape and Sponge Bath Boats
It would help if you had a few things only to create this outdoor craft idea with your kids. The materials you need are:
- Duct tape
- Popsicle sticks
Here is how you can create duct tape and sponge bath boats:
- Cut the sponge using scissors. It would be better to draw lines using a lead pencil.
- Then cut duct tape into small horizontal pieces using a craft knife.
- Lay down the cut tape pieces and keep the width the same as of sponge.
- Trim the sail edges and make it a rough square.
- Place the duct tape pieces onto the popsicle stick and fix it onto the sponge.
You can help your kids craft this sponge bath boat that they can easily use in the bathtub, lakes, fountain, or pool. Most amazingly, duct tape is now available in numerous colors. Consequently, the possibilities of being creative with these flags are endless.
7. Create a Mason Jar Fairy Lights
Here we have another amazing craft idea to try with your kids and make them wow. Fortunately, this outdoor craft idea is simple, safe, and easy for kids to make. Help your kids create beautiful fairy lights jars that can glow in different colors.
Here is how you can turn this craft idea into life:
- Take a scrap paper piece and squirt some glow-in-the-dark assorted paints onto it.
- Ensure to squeeze out enough paint to paint the jar easily.
- Clean a repurposed jar and start painting it with your squeezed paints to make them glow in the dark.
- Using a different brush for each color would be better to make you look more realistic. Also, use different colors in each jar to make it more beautiful and colorful.
- Start painting your jars from the bottom and dab small glow paint dots inside the jar.
After painting your jars, ask your kids to leave them under the sun to dry. This practice will activate the glow paint and amaze your kids.
These art and craft ideas can certainly help you make outdoor time with kids more fun, creative, and enjoyable. You can practice as many of these as possible to help your kids be creative in the best possible way.
Image by Shlomaster from Pixabay
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *